How do you ship?
We currently offer free shipping on items over $150!
AW by Andrea Wong uses Canada Post to send all of our items. We send all our packages using standard shipping.
Expected Delivery Times:
Canada: 2-10 business days
US: 5-10 business days
Australia + New Zealand: 5- 10 business days [small items] | 6-8 weeks [larger items]
Everywhere Else: country specific [please contact us directly]
Tracking numbers will be provided to most Canadian locations. However they are not available at the standard rate of shipping to addresses outside of Canada. If you would like to add a tracking number or insurance to your package please contact us, we will invoice you the additional cost via Paypal.
For faster shipping methods (Fed Ex, UPS, etc.) please contact us, we will invoice you the additional cost via Paypal.
AW by Andrea Wong is not accountable for any duty or customs charges that may occur on any of your sent packages. We are not responsible for late or lost items.
Where are you located?
We are located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. All our items are handcrafted and shipped from here.
How did the AW by Andrea Wong collection come to be?
A few years ago, Andrea left her job designing in the world of corporate fashion. Without a real plan, but a real need for a break, she spent the summer traveling around BC and gaining inspiration from the natural surroundings of the Pacific Northwest.
After traveling, she went back into her studio and just started designing and making. She began creating bags by combining leather with these amazing textiles that she had collected over the years during her travels as a fashion designer. AW by Andrea Wong was organically created and has grown into the brand you see today.
Can I use your images?
Images from AW by Andrea Wong can be used if they are credited back to us. Please link images used back to our website.
Do you offer wholesale?
We currently offer wholesale to a select number of retailers. If you are interested please email us at: Andrea@AWbyAndreaWong.com
Please be sure to included some information about your store, a link to your website + social media accounts and a list of brands you carry. We will respond to stores that we feel best align with AW.
Do you offer exchanges or refunds?
We offer refunds (excluding shipping and custom charges) for items returned within 5 days of receipt. Items that are returned must be sent in the same condition as they were received, undamaged, unworn with tags on.
Please contact us over email to facilitate your return: Andrea@awbyandreawong.com
Reimbursement will occur within 5 days of receiving the returned item.
Please note items shipped via our 'Free shipping on items over $150' offer, will be refunded the item price minus the initial shipping cost. Shipping is the responsibility of the returner, COD packages will not be accepted. If the item is not returned in it's original condition the returner is responsible for any loss in value. We are not responsible for items damaged or lost in transit, or any duty or custom fees that may occur during the return process.
How do you clean waxed canvas?
• Remove dried dirt and grit as soon as possible
• Sponge wipe with cold water only, avoid warm or hot water as it will melt the wax. If dirt is ground in, gently brush it off with a soft bristled brush (an old clean tooth brush will do just fine) and then rinse with cold water. For stubborn stains, try brushing it lightly with a small amount of mild soap (like dish soap) and then rinse with cold water.
• Hang to dry naturally away from direct sunlight in a well-ventilated area. Make sure it is completely dry before use.
• Over time you may need to re-wax your bag to maintain the waxed canvas' water-resistant properties. We recommend using an 'Otter Wax' brick. On a clean bag evenly rub the wax brick on the waxed canvas areas, making sure you avoid the leather. The rubbing action creates friction, heating up and releasing the wax. To even out the wax use a hair dry on low heat constantly moving over the canvas in a circular motion, increasing the temperature if necessary. Repeat this re-waxing process again if necessary.
• Do NOT: dry clean, machine wash, tumble dry (no dryer), iron or starch, use solvents or bleach, force dry or expose to direct flame, or expose to direct sunlight for a long period of time (such as a car window)
How do I clean my bag lining?
All AW bag linings are attached only at the opening, so they can be pulled out and hand washed with soap and warm water. Be careful to avoid getting the waxed canvas and leather wet. Hang flat to dry with wet lining pulled out.
How do I get oil out of the leather?
• Blot the excess oil from the leather with a soft white cloth. Don't rub the cloth over the leather, instead, pat it into the stain to avoid spreading the oil. Use a clean part of the rag after each blot, and continue blotting until no more oil soaks onto the cloth.
• Cover the oily spot with talcum powder or cornstarch. Use a generous amount so it's heaped on top of the stain. Rub the powder in lightly with your fingers.
• Leave the powder on the fabric for at least four hours, and preferable overnight. Shake of the excess powder, and then brush off the remaining powder with a soft cloth.
• Repeat the above if necessary.
How do I get ink out of the leather?
There are two cleaning options below. Please spot test these options on a less noticeable area first to ensure that there is no leather damage or colour stripping, as inks and sprays can vary.
• Spray hairspray onto a soft clean white clean. Don't use a coloured cloth because it can transfer dye to light coloured leather.
• Wipe the ink stain gently with a cloth, applying more hairspray as needed
• Wipe the area in a gentle circular motion
• Allow to air dry in a cool dry place
Use plain old rubbing alcohol:
• Begin by dampening a white cotton or cotton swab with the alcohol.
• Work from the outside of the stain toward the middle by dabbing with the cloth. Keep the work area small - do not spread the ink into a bigger area. You should be able to see the ink transfer to the cloth.
• Dampen a clean area of the cloth or get a new swab as you see ink coming off the prevent re-staining the garment. Gently, keep blotting away until the ink is gone. Do not scrub harshly as that can remove colour and a layer of the leather.• Allow the garment to air dry after or between treatments. Once the ink is removed, treat the garment with leather condition to help it remain supple and smooth
The best option for leather care is to use a leather spray or conditioner after cleaning, this applies to general up keep as well. Spot test and follow the instruction on the bottle, as the results may vary.
Please note these above cleaning options are suggestions. Please clean at your own risk. For stubborn leather stains do not attempt to clean them yourself and see a leather cleaning specialist.